St Helens 22nd July 2024

Low energy day but I had an errand to run to Asda. Grey skies too. Grey mood. Confidence somewhere in the shades of grey. Perfect reason to make the ride into a grey St Helens. 

I had an idea which I didn’t commit to. I’ll leave it for another day when the crowds are out and I can experiment. Today turned into a matter of just finding my groove. Been out shooting birds too much which isn't where my heart lies. I love street, even if I hate that feeling of setting out to shoot the street. I feel people's eyes on me. Their suspicions. The willingness to lash out. I'm a shy man. I don't like attention. But I like observing. The result... I took plenty of shots that are awful. A few are barely passable. A few I like even though there’s absolutely nothing to them, which is the reason I like them. I’m leaning into the utter banality of the town.

I also took a couple of pictures I really like. Which is the mystery of street photography. 

It’s like sifting for gold. Most buckets contain nothing but rocks and gravel. But then you hit a nugget and you want to wear it around your neck forever. One shot here falls into that category.




Comments

Popular Posts